Get Premium to hide all ads
01.10.2012 - 06:08
We (moderators and admins) will give out a 'Player of the year' award (Medal) at the end of this year. Every player can get candidate for this medal by being a player of the month (check for more information about how to be 'player of the month', here).

Player of the month September; a player who helped Afterwind with the awesome AT project, is very much involved into the community.

Winner of September:

Lord Dark Knight

Congrats Lord Dark Knight, and thanks very much for helping us, and the AW-community!

Current candidates for player of the year:
  • 1. avatar (winner July)
  • 2. Mathdino (winner August)
  • 3. Lord Dark Knight (winner September)
  • ----
    Exceptional claims demand exceptional evidence.
    01.10.2012 - 06:48
    Super LDK
    ----

01.10.2012 - 06:50
    Gossip press awarded, scary ;-)

Congrats
    01.10.2012 - 07:50
    Congrats LDK
    ----
    Victorious Secret - sexiest cln of atWar
    Horny Christmas & Fappy New Year Everyone!!
    01.10.2012 - 08:42
    Avatar, our forum muted Macedonian buddy, wishes you congratz, LDK :) And so do I You've earned it, bro.
    01.10.2012 - 08:50
    Written by Hugosch, 01.10.2012 at 06:08

has a clean record(...) but also makes insightful comments in the other more serious forums

Please don't censor me, Mods. I do not desire to report him but we do not make him player of the month okay?

[*removed again* last warning, greetings Tzeentch]
    ----
    Written by Amok, 31.08.2012 at 03:10
    Fruit's theory is correct
    Written by tophat, 30.08.2012 at 21:04
    Fruit is right

01.10.2012 - 08:53
    Written by Hugosch, 01.10.2012 at 06:08

but also makes insightful comments in the other more serious forums

Yes I agree
    Nearly all his posts are in offtopic or autist times
    Also I'm sure he hasn't a clear record, when he was with lild he was banned at least once and constantly muted...
    01.10.2012 - 08:58
    Relax guys, i fixed the text (copied it from last winner Mathdino wasn't such a good idea).
    ----
    01.10.2012 - 09:04
     VRIL
    Despite all the controversy on this player we think that he deserves this reward for his outstanding efforts with his AW news.
    So gz!
    01.10.2012 - 09:14
    I also want to say that i'm surprised by the selective outrage, as you supported avatar at the time. Even if i search on MathDino i'm sure i can find bad things about him. That doesn't mean he doesn't deserve it.

Last but not least:
    Its all about the players of the year trophy. A player of the month will just be a candidate for this. I think its 'fair' to have a final voting on this, by all AW-players at the end of this year.
    ----
    01.10.2012 - 11:36
    Lord Dark Knight
    Account deleted
    Gee man, I really don't think I even deserve this... but thanks anyway.

Reasons :

The AT News was my idea yea, but I wouldn't of done it if it weren't for the help of V-dog115 and Safari.

Another thing that inspired me was Mathdino's ANN news. It wasn't boring to read, it was actually quite fun, and I thought maybe I would start my own News network, with some people that could join too, and write their own articles.

And like Aristo said if you've seen this:

Bad thread, very bad.

I would be in the same position as he would be because I wouldn't like someone to post something like that either.

But I'm only trying to liven up the forums with some fun

Thanks to the Mods for this ^^ Its a real pleasure to help the community liven up a bit. I hope whoever wins the next one does better than me and the other 2 POTM's, to achieve it.

It's a nice achievement this is, and to the "haters" Fruit and Aristo, I think if you bide your time well, maybe one day you will achieve this too.
    01.10.2012 - 14:15
    Complaining about this seems like a rather gay thing to do. I'm just saying.
    01.10.2012 - 14:45
    Written by learster, 01.10.2012 at 14:15

Complaining about this seems like a rather gay thing to do. I'm just saying.

NO! I WANT TO BE THE MOD'S PET!
    01.10.2012 - 18:24
    This is bullshit.
    this is just bullshit

Mod's Conspiracy!

everyone knows that the player of the month is Hdrakon.

01.10.2012 - 20:09
    Sure LDK's news thread takes a lot of work and is well done, but what is that thread contributing to the community? He's not helping anyone by doing so. Not trying to bring you down LDK your thread is extremely interesting and entertaining. However I think the awards should be given to players who help lower ranks, add to the strategy/gameplay threads, help in bug finding or create new ideas in the suggestion thread. Since the last two winners were solely based off making a news thread.

On the bright side, congrats LDK! Hardwork pays off as they say.
    ----
    Don't trust the manipulative rabbit.
    01.10.2012 - 22:25
    Congratz, I agree with Tophats, but I also find your posts very witty and informative.
    01.10.2012 - 23:47
    LDK strong rorororororor
    ----
    02.10.2012 - 00:43
    Lord Dark Knight
    Account deleted
    Written by tophat, 01.10.2012 at 20:09

Sure LDK's news thread takes a lot of work and is well done, but what is that thread contributing to the community? He's not helping anyone by doing so. Not trying to bring you down LDK your thread is extremely interesting and entertaining. However I think the awards should be given to players who help lower ranks, add to the strategy/gameplay threads, help in bug finding or create new ideas in the suggestion thread. Since the last two winners were solely based off making a news thread.

On the bright side, congrats LDK! Hardwork pays off as they say.

Meh Its okay , I accept criticism. Although, I think you should pay attention to what Hugosch said and not get too serious about the Player of the Month ,but the Player of the Year.

Written by Hugosch, 01.10.2012 at 09:14

Last but not least:
    Its all about the players of the year trophy. A player of the month will just be a candidate for this. I think its 'fair' to have a final voting on this, by all AW-players at the end of this year.

We are just candidates, the POFY is more important. And it will be voted by every member of AW. So no ... "mod conspiracy". Why you even bringing that up (not you tophats the guy who said mod conspiracy above ^^).

Thanks Toppy but pay attention to the POFY than complaining about this ( I know your not complaining, this message goes to everyone).
    02.10.2012 - 06:57
    Congratz LDK
    ----
    02.10.2012 - 07:08
    Congratulations LDK
    ----
    "Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms".
    02.10.2012 - 09:19
     Acquiesce (Mod)
    Grtz LDK. It would be nice if every player of the month thread wasn't filled with criticism of the awarded player and the mod's decision, but I guess that's just an unrealistic wish of mine.
    ----
    The church is near, but the road is icy... the bar is far away, but I will walk carefully...
    02.10.2012 - 15:10
    Written by Acquiesce, 02.10.2012 at 09:19

Grtz LDK. It would be nice if every player of the month thread wasn't filled with criticism of the awarded player and the mod's decision, but I guess that's just an unrealistic wish of mine.

That's what a thread is about. What would be the point of a thread if everyone just said "congratz LDK." without some added information, tips, advice, criticism etc... The criticism is to help with the next mod's choice for player of the month so that everyone gets an equal shot at winning.
    ----
    02.10.2012 - 15:26
    Written by tophat, 02.10.2012 at 15:10

Written by Acquiesce, 02.10.2012 at 09:19

That's what a thread is about. What would be the point of a thread if everyone just said "congratz LDK." without some added information, tips, advice, criticism etc... The criticism is to help with the next mod's choice for player of the month so that everyone gets an equal shot at winning.

i agree Tophats is genius
    ----
    02.10.2012 - 17:13
     Acquiesce (Mod)
    I totally agree Tophats; I thought it went without saying that I was referring to posts like "this is bullshit, mod conspiracy, hdrakon player of month". There is a clear distinction between well thought our criticism and blatant trolling/slander.
    ----
    The church is near, but the road is icy... the bar is far away, but I will walk carefully...
    02.10.2012 - 17:35
    Written by Acquiesce, 02.10.2012 at 17:13

I totally agree Tophats; I thought it went without saying that I was referring to posts like "this is bullshit, mod conspiracy, hdrakon player of month". There is a clear distinction between well thought our criticism and blatant trolling/slander.

yeah, that's not nice :/ those who troll.
    ----
    02.10.2012 - 18:13
    How he is player of the month, this award lost the value.
    05.10.2012 - 11:47
    This is bullshit.
    Mod conspiracy.
    Hdrakon player of the month.
    atWar

About Us
    Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word